How Soft Washing Works and What Kind of Benefits It Offers
Are you wondering how soft washing works and whether it's right for you? If so, take a look at the information below from our Bowie soft washing pros at Dorsey Bros. Power Washing.
While it may sound like a less effective way to get your siding, decks, and pavers cleaned, the soft washing process is actually much more effective than standard methods. However, keep in mind that it's not always the right method to use, especially when cleaning harder surfaces like concrete.
For this reason, you'll want to hire a pressure washing professional near you who knows what type of surface they're working on and which method is best for house washing and the other services they may provide. Here's some information to help you understand how soft washing works and what kind of benefits it offers.
How Soft Washing Is Done
Not all pressure washing specialists follow the same system or get the training they need to complete a house washing project correctly. Therefore, we can only speak of how our Bowie technicians work with soft washing while on the job.
- The cleansing solution is mixed by our professionals and is sprayed over the surface area to be treated. A pre-treatment may need to be applied to certain stains first.
- An algae inhibitor can be mixed in with the cleaning solution to kill and treat algae growth. It can also kill and treat mildew, moss, lichen, and mold.
- Once the solution is applied to the surface, it does its job to loosen and lift stains to the surface gently.
- When cleaning decks or other horizontal surfaces, we may use a special attachment during the process to scrub the surface.
- Any algae treatment we include will kill the algae and mildew at the roots. After a time, we rinse the cleaning solution away with our pressure washer.
Our technicians at Dorsey Bros. Power Washing makes sure our customers in Bowie, and the Upper Marlboro area of Maryland enjoy all the benefits of our service no matter what type of project we're handling for them.
The Soft Washing Benefits You'll Love
- Cleans brick, vinyl, wood, and other siding types gently - Siding manufacturers recommend this method for cleaning their products. It's the only house washing method approved by siding manufacturers.
- Lifts stains from deep down without leaving surface damage - There's no need to use harsher methods to clean wooden decks or other delicate and porous surfaces.
- Can kill algae, mildew, and mold at the roots instead of just at the surface - All contractors price their services differently. Ask your soft washing company about including the addition of an algae inhibitor to the cleaning formula.
- Sanitizes the surface - The algae inhibitor also kills bacteria and other contaminants.
- The cleaning solution will be environmentally friendly - It won't harm your landscape plants and is safe for pets and children.
- Provides several months' worth of protection - Helps to prevent new algae and mildew from coming back and spreading to other exterior surfaces.